Automotive Education Jobs!
Check Back For Newest Jobs
The mission of the Rocky Mountain Automotive Teacher Society is to foster a community of automotive educators dedicated to achieving excellence in automotive education and promoting innovation in the field. We are committed to providing a platform that encourages collaboration, professional development, and the exchange of best practices among automotive teachers across the Rocky Mountain region. We want to empower automotive educators for excellence and innovation!
Performs instruction and
related activities in accordance with the philosophies and procedures of Emily Griffith Technical College, resulting in effective
delivery of the program and achievement of identified outcomes.
– Teaches classes in accordance with course lesson plans, syllabi, and outcomes (at main campus downtown, online, and/or at
– Uses student-centered methodologies and approaches appropriate to student and program goals; employs multiple teaching
styles to match program and student learning styles and goals.
– Assists with developing and revising unit lesson plans and daily lesson plans.
– Creates and utilizes formative and summative assessments to measure student progress to identified outcomes.
– Informs students of and uphold school policies (conduct, registration, books, etc.).
– Tracks, records and submit student attendance, grades, progress, and other required reports.
– Tracks and reports on relevant grant-related data.
– Creates and delivers on annual goal(s) in alignment with larger organizational strategic planning.
– Attends and participates in professional staff development activities as well as activities, meetings, and committees as
relevant/necessary to role.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Five (5) years of wage-earning experience in a related occupation within the preceding ten years.
– Two (2) plus years of formal instructional experience to adults in a variety of settings.
– ASE Master Certification (Preferred).
– Knowledge with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook or Goggle Suite.
– Effective time management and organizational skills.
– Effective verbal and written communication skills.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Effectively handles multiple demands and competing deadlines.
– The ability to take responsibility for one’s own performance.
– Works collaboratively with others on a team.
– Aptitude for variety and changing expectations in a fast-paced environment.
– Bachelor’s/Associates Degree in Education (preferred).
– Must meet the CTE credentialing requirements of the Colorado Community College System Office. This includes having 4,000
documented paid hours of industry experience within the last 7 years in the program field where they’ll be teaching and
appropriate industry licensure, certificates, or technical training, OR 2,000 documented paid hours of industry experience and a
Bachelor’s degree with appropriate industry licensure, certificates, or technical training in the program field where they’ll be
teaching. Exceptions to these criteria are considered per the guidelines of the CCCS credentialing requirements.
– ASE Master Certification (preferred).
– Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
– Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
– Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
– Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood.
Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school
graduation. DPS, comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an
enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school
district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
FRONT RANGE COMMUNITY COLLEGE WESTMINSTER CAMPUS
Automotive Technology Instructor (JOB ID: 202401161)
Apply here: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/frontrange/jobs/4359415/faculty-automotive-technology/apply
As the Automotive Technology Faculty, you will be responsible for post-secondary automotive program instructional duties within the School of Manufacturing, Automotive & Construction Technology. You will share program management duties including recruitment and retention of students, student advising, shared budget direction, state reporting and program approval; program assessment and planning; curriculum changes following ASE/NATEF/AYES guidelines; maintaining supplies/material, shop and equipment in a clean, professional and organized fashion; effectively accommodate students with varying levels of experience. You will maintain strong relationship with automotive industry professionals in the community. You will also maintain and respond to any active advisory committee requests.
You work individually, as well as in collaboration with colleagues, to develop innovative curriculum which meets the needs of our diverse population of students. Student retention and success is your top priority. You will utilize technology and effective teaching strategies to develop students’ critical thinking skills.
As a faculty member you act as a mentor for the part-time instructors. You serve as representative of the department by participating in committees, task forces, and events at the campus, college, and/or state levels. You may be asked to teach at different times, locations and modalities to meet the needs of the College.
Please note: This is an on-campus position with an opportunity for hybrid remote work. You need to be a Colorado resident on your first day of employment.
SALARY: $57,148 – $65,052 annually for a 9-month contract. Please see our Salary Matrix (Download PDF reader) for more specific information.
BENEFITS: Please click here to find more information about APT & Faculty Benefits
SELECTION PROCESS: Position will remain open until filled with a priority deadline of February 20, 2024. This posting may be used to fill multiple or similar positions.
Required Education/Training & Work Experience:
- Required certifications: A1 – A8 (Master Technician certificate) plus L1 and G1
- A related associates (or the relevant current industry license or certification) and 4000 verified occupational/industry hours within 7 years;
- A related Bachelor’s or any Master’s with 18 discipline related credits and 2000 verified occupational/industry hours within 7 years.